Forums

Forum Home > Past and Future Shows! > Tommy The Musical

Geneva Rosett-Hafter
Site Owner

We are embarking on a very ambitious project! Tommy the Musical, to be directed by Jamie Scott. We will be choreographing and hopefully it will be a fabulous show! We are all very excited and those who are awaiting the audition are as well. With everyone's creative imput we're sure to put on an amazing show that everyone will enjoy!

We will do our best to keep this forum updated with our progress with the show. Feel free to comment!

January 18, 2010 at 5:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Geneva Rosett-Hafter
Site Owner

We had our first audition on Sunday the 31st of January and it was quite the experience! Not as many people showed up as we thought, but we worked with those who did come and it turned out fabulously. We have a show on our hands!

Thank you to those who took our audition workshop, you helped us forwards in our own ideas and we haven't even started rehearsals yet!

The next audition is on the 7th of February at Marsworth Village Hall and we hope to see more of you there! You will get some workshops and of course be able to audition!

February 1, 2010 at 5:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Geneva Rosett-Hafter
Site Owner

Tommy is moving along, slowly but steadily! We're very proud of our puppets who are working so hard.

We're also proud of pretty much everyone who we've talked to about movement because they have just picked it right up!

There is as usual still loads to do, and we're working hard to finish things to teach and do.

Generally the rehearsals go by way too quickly. Personally I'm could work all day on the musical, but we do have lives outside of rehearsals and have to focus on stupid things like money.

My fingers and toes are crossed that we get through everything and the show will be fantastic. So far everyone in the cast has put in so much work, and Marja and I have to sing with everyone else!

Every weekend it's a blast! I'll try to get some photos up of the rehearsals.

May 3, 2010 at 6:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Geneva Rosett-Hafter
Site Owner

Yesterday, Jamie couldn't make it to the rehersal, and Emma the voice coach couldn't either so Kiihko Dance took over! We tried to do as much as possible and were really working the entire time. I want to thank everyone for all their hard work. Really, it takes so much time and effort to get a show up, especially a *good* one! And that's what we're trying to do!

I hope everyone remembers what we go over and we can surprise Jamie when he's back next week! Whoo!

May 10, 2010 at 9:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Geneva Rosett-Hafter
Site Owner

Time to go and book those tickets you guys!

Book Here!

May 29, 2010 at 2:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Geneva Rosett-Hafter
Site Owner

Well, with Tommy over all of a sudden, we're feeling quite the hole in our lives. Time to get back to reality! It was a brilliant run, the week went by steadily and it was great to be performing with everyone.

We have plans for the future and if you want to even be involved in any of our productions feel free to let us know! I hope you all had as much fun and learned as much as we did on this project. Till next time!

Kiihko Dance

June 28, 2010 at 7:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.